Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Care Officer
- Reporting to the Front Desk Manager, the Customer Care Officer is responsible for basic clerical tasks such as answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, and scheduling appointments in a professional and timely manner. The Customer Care officer will also provide the required paperwork to be completed by patients as well as entering of patient details into the hospital’s database.
- Welcome, register guests/clients and attend to them in a prompt and timely manner
- Log all registrations for the day into Microsoft Access for backup
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to hospitals database.
- Ensures patient’s arrival to hospital room or testing area by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient’s arrival; calling volunteer to transport the patient to the assigned area.
- Receives incoming communiques and forward to their relevant departments.
- Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients and the public; referring inquiries.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- The customer care staff answers all calls, take appointments, screen calls and forward to the appropriate department or unit.
- The customer care staff on duty has to be extra vigilant, report suspicious movement and should always do a 30min interval security check that has to be reported in the security check book.
- Getting clearance and authorization for HMO enrolees accessing care after 5pm daily and at weekends when the desk officer is off duty.
- Clear corporate patients to access care by collecting a referral letter monthly where applicable.
- Give credit limit to outpatients or staff when the credit limit officer is unavailable.
- Make a list of consumables/items needed in the unit that is unavailable during your shift and handover to the next shift.
- Ensure persons accompanying emergency patients to the hospital are well guided, monitored and looked after.
- Do a check list of all unit equipment. Report any equipment issues or service downtime to the Maintenance and IT unit
- Ensure all persons not required to be in the hospital leave the building by 12 midnight.
- Comprehensive report sent at the end of the shift including logging all incidents that happen within the unit and its environs.
- The customer care staff is to carry out all other duties as assigned to him/her including listing on duty hospital staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- One to five years of experience
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Cedarcrest Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.