Job Title: Data Analyst | Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University | Location: Abuja
Reports to: Project Director
Duration: 30 working days (Between November-December, 2020)
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- Lead the analysis of data and information (qualitative and quantitative) from the field work and prepare the data analysis report.
Working closely with the Jhpiego implementation team assigned to:
- Remote supervision of the field work in all the LGAs of implementation via a WhatsApp group.
- Lead the study data analysis and report writing for the assignment.
- Data analysis using any of the R* statistical packages including data cleaning and exportation to statistical packages
- Lead the development of GBV Services Referral Directories and Referral Maps for each of the states.
- Qualitative data received as Word documents parsed and converted to text files, and built into RQDA projects
- Development of dummy tables from Codebooks with themes based on the various objectives of the analysis accordingly to be used for data analysis
- Participate in the data review, analysis and report writing workshop.
Activity report detailing work done and recommendations including:
- Statistical analysis of available data
- Interpretation of analyzed data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Report of assessment in the three states
- Code book available for review and suggestions
- Dummy tables with data interpretation available for review and suggestions.
- GBV Referral Maps and Referral Directories.
Qualifications / Experiences / Competencies
- An Advanced Degree in Sociology, Medical or Health Sciences research or Biostatistics is required
- Prior experience leading or supporting similar research projects is an advantage
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, community surveys and good publication track records are desirable
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines at short notice
- Excellent report writing skills
- Familiarity with international donors and social development report writing requirements will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills and competence with data analysis softwares such as open source R* scripts.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Application Letter and a CV as ONE single word document indicating location to: [email protected] The title / subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.