Title: Data Collector | Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University
Reports to: State Coordinator
Duration: 15 working days (Between November-December, 2020)
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Data Collectors are expected to participate in a 4-day pre-assessment training workshop, and will be responsible for completing the following tasks under the guidance and supervision of the State Coordinator and entire Jhpiego implementation team.
- Participate in Training and debrief meetings.
- Provide updates to Jhpiego implementation team throughout the period of performance through an online platform.
Data Collection Preparation:
- Ensure required tools, consent forms are complete
- Identify communities within the LGAs and plan visits.
- Management of Tablets that will be utilized to record interviews and assessments.
- Travel to LGA of assignment and visit all communities within the LGA.
- Pay advocacy visits to Community gate keepers to solicit their support and necessary information
- Scope and identify institutions across key sectors (governmental, non-governmental, faith-based, community based organisations, civil society organisations etc.) in the area that provide services relevant for survivors of GBV
- Use the survey questionnaire tool to assess current GBV prevention and response activities within the LGA of assignment through Key Informant Interviews (KII) and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs),
- Map existing GBV services in and around communities. Part of the services to be mapped include:
- Health Services Social support services
- Emergency Shelter
- Legal counsel / support
- Long-term psychosocial support (individual counseling, support group, etc.)
- Law enforcement services: e.g. Police Services
- Child protection services
- Economic empowerment/ Livelihood services, etc.
- Determine the geographic area to be included in the referral network, based on accessibility to where most of the women live.
- Upload all responses from survey tools to the Jhpiego server as appropriate.
- Store all audio recordings securely on an external hard drive
- Deliver audio recordings to Jhpiego Study Team in a secure manner
Quality Assurance of Data Cleaning:
- Coordinate with implementation team to ensure consistency and quality of interview transcripts in English.
- Respond to any follow-up requests from Jhpiego study Team related to data collection or data cleaning.
- Completed Qualitative interviews (KIIs) and transcribed and reported FGDs.
- Completed documented mapping of GBV services across sectors.
- Completed Quantitative interviews received on Jhpiego server
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in qualitative/quantitative data collection, specifically conducting in-depth interviews and experience in probing for clearer answers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, patience and problem-solving abilities, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Familiarity with gender and gender-based violence programming is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must be resident and have good working knowledge of the State and LGAs of interest.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Application Letter and a CV as ONE single word document indicating location to: [email protected] The title / subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.