Title: Data Engineer | Edge Recruiter | Nigeria Lagos
Data Engineer for a new Challenger Bank currently in STEALTH MODE.
View Edge Recruiter Nigeria s in Nigeria The Bank is on a mission to improve the Micro Small and Medium Enterprise’s financial health by providing meaningful digital financial solutions, utilizing open banking and platform model. The venture is backed by one of the prominent businesses in Nigeria (HQ in Singapore) with a large operation and captive market to support the venture’s rapid growth. The Management team consists of diverse, multidiscipline, and experienced talent.
The Bank is now in preparation to launch the venture in Q4 2021.
- Responsible for overall platform architecture and governance
- Design and develop highly scalable, end-to-end pipeline for processing and analysing large volumes of complex data
- Ensure high data quality and integrity from data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and availability.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Work with data and analytics teams to strive for greater functionality in our products.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering with 1+ years’ hands-on expertise on Data Processing, Data Engineering, and Storage technologies of GCS, Pipeline deployment using Dataflow, data processing using Dataproc, Bigquery, Data Studio/Looker, Dataflow and Pub/Sub
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Solid understanding of SQL & NoSQL databases and other data manipulation tools
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience with stream processing systems: Spark, Storm
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Remuneration: Client is open to seeing & negotiating with good talents!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply