TechnoServe-Nigeria | Job Title: Data Verifier | Location: Nigeria | Part Time
We’re looking for 7 Data Verifiers for Data Collection in Kebbi, Kano, Niger, Kaduna, Taraba and Jigawa States in Nigeria
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places
can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
About the Project:
The project is to support the building of a knowledge base of community-based actors in the agriculture value chain and strategically defining and implementing an expansion plan that increases the volume of goods traded on the Cellulant Agrikore platform as well as creates work opportunities for at least 50,000 youth. Project actors are farmers, aggregators, transporters, and youth engaged in the agriculture sector across 6 states and 50 LGAs in Nigeria. The database of market actors will include at least 30,000 farmers, 2,500 agribusinesses, and 20,000 youth. The project will work with 300 motivated enumerators (90 in Kebbi, 60 in Kaduna and Niger and 30 in Kano, Jigawa and Taraba).
The project seeks seven data verifiers, one per state except for Kebbi State, which will have two data verifiers due to the larger number of enumerators working in the state. Data Verifiers will oversee and manage enumerators in the field. They will be responsible for enumerator training and quality data gathering. Will support enumerators with any field challenges (technical or
logistical) and conduct data spot checks.
The successful candidates will work under the direction and supervision of TechnoServe’s Regional Coordinators to strengthen the data quality and assurance process in line with the data quality and assurance guidelines and deliverables of TechnoServe and its partners. The tasks below are the key deliverables but they are not exhaustive.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight to field data collection teams that will ensure the quality and integrity of the assessment and data for each state
- Lead in sourcing farmers and agribusinesses within the state
- Perform first-level data cleaning and data verification of all data collected by enumerators
- Suggest improvements to data collection process/procedures in the field in order to achieve an efficient implementation
- Provide one – on – one support to data enumerators during field activity
- Troubleshoot technology and data collection challenges from enumerators
- Maintain and regularly update secondary data backup on all data collected from the state in
- Convene daily team discussions to ensure camaraderie, communication and quality control
- Review all completed data entries to ensure clarity and accuracy
- Provide logistical guidance in the field for data collection team
- Keep daily summary record regarding activities of the day
- Perform any other tasks required by the organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, economics, statistics, agriculture, computer science etc
- Experience in digital platforms for monitoring, planning and project/program management
- Very good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, google forms)
- Experience in statistical analysis software is an added advantage
- Previous experience working with data collectors is a plus
- Good communication skills and ability to present documents and activity reports clearly
- Experience in basic team management, coordination, problem-solving and working under pressures to deliver a quality product is required
- Speaking the dominant language of the state with strong knowledge of the focal state is required
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity at all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at [email protected]