Latest job vacancies at Delta Air Lines Nigeria
Delta Air Lines, Inc., typically referred to as Delta, is one of the major airlines of the United States and a legacy carrier. One of the world’s oldest airlines in operation, Delta is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. The airline, along with its subsidiaries and regional affiliates, including Delta Connection, operates over 5,400 flights daily and serves 325 destinations in 52 countries on six continents. Delta is a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance.
As a purpose-driven brand, we connect people to opportunities while expanding the understanding of our planet and the people within it. Both in the air and on the ground, we are focused on lowering our carbon footprint, furthering an equitable work environment that values diversity and inclusion and living these values in the communities where we live, work and serve.
Jobs at Delta Airlines Recruitment
October 6, 2022
August 31, 2022
Job Title: Operations Service Manager | Delta Airlines Reference No.: 17066Location: LagosDepartment: Airport Customer Service Overview & Key ResponsibilitiesHow you’ll help us Keep Climbing: The Operations Service Manager “OSM” directs and… Read more here
Job Title: Operations Service Manager
Reference No.: 17066
Department: Airport Customer Service
Overview & Key Responsibilities
How you’ll help us Keep Climbing:
- The Operations Service Manager “OSM” directs and supports all Airport Customer Service (ACS) operations-related activities.
- As a Delta leader, the OSM models Delta’s leadership values and represents Delta’s brand.
- Overseeing and coordinating operational performance including driving improvement initiatives and programs as needed. Focus areas include but are not limited to safety, security, on-time departure, customer service delivery, baggage services, IROP management and recovery, and other key performance indicators.
- Setting and communicating strong performance standards and ensuring accountability.
- Serving as an effective operational liaison between Delta and all contracted Business Partners.
- Maintaining open communication and coordination channels with Delta management and peers, business partners, and vendors to ensure awareness of Delta and local airport procedures (with particular attention to safety/security matters).
- Providing strong leadership to vendor and partner employees as well as front line and operations teams.
- Leading business partner and vendor teams through change, innovation, and acceptance of new policies/procedures.
- Promoting team building with both the leadership and workforce of business partners and vendors.
- Ensuring delivery of distinctive and thoughtful customer service, as well as personally demonstrating a high level of customer focus and sensitivity.
Additional duties include:
- Managing data, reports, inventories, passenger complaints, claims, and sending relevant responses to management and appropriate departments.
- Developing strategic and tactical plans that create an environment resulting in employee safety and well-being. This includes ensuring adherence to the Safety Business Plan.
- Performing daily safety observations and providing coaching, training and corrective action as needed. Additionally, participating in incident analysis reports, safety action reports and applicable station safety meetings.
- Initiating initial emergency responses if/when needed and coordinating subsequent emergency processes.
- Supporting the Station Manager in tasks including but not limited to budgeting, cost control, invoice processing, paperwork, ordering supplies, and other related airport functions. In the absence of the Station Manager, the Supervisor performs all managerial tasks and functions.
- Measuring and analyzing performance using performance management tools, available customer service and operational metrics, job shadowing and direct observation. As a Delta leader, you will be providing support, guidance, coaching, and motivation based on individual needs and champion leading others through change.
- Supporting the operation via additional job functions as assigned, depending upon workload demand and needs.
- Maintaining relationships with the local government agencies and other contract services related to the operation when relevant.
- Pursuing personal development and training of leadership capabilities.
Key competencies include:
- Understanding all operations-related activities and their organization and coordination (including Ramp & Passenger Service activities, Catering, Fueling, Maintenance, Security, Safety, and high-quality customer service delivery).
- Strong analytical, organizational, and administrative skills coupled with the ability to multitask and focus on different priorities in different operational areas at the same time.
- Strategic thinking and strong decision-making capabilities.
- Effective relationship-building skills with potential and existing business partners, vendors, government agencies, and local authorities to drive consistent positive results. Ability to attend and contribute to management level meetings in this area.
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrated expertise in operations (ramp operations, baggage handling, passenger service, IROP management and aircraft performance) and strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels, both internal and external
- Flexibility to manage an operation with varying shifts, extended hours, and “on call” requirements
- Ability to coach and deliver feedback for developmental purposes
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to be approachable and foster trust and respect
- Experience managing conflict and resolving problems effectively
- Competence in conducting performance appraisals, quality assurance observations, performance discussions, coaching and counseling and administrative action
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively delegate responsibility
- Adaptability and ability to perform in both routine and non-routine situations.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and stressful situations in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proven ability to successfully and independently manage a complex day-to-day operation
- Valid documentation to work and reside in Nigeria
- Satisfactory performance in current position
- Fluency in English.
What will give you a competitive edge:
- College Degree and/or previous leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Delta policies and procedures
- ACS experience in operations and customer service
- Knowledge of Deltamatic and other relevant airport technology
- Ability to speak in public and deliver local trainings / motivational briefing sessions to Business Partner teams and leaders
- Good analytical skills and deductive reasoning skills.