Job Title: Demand Planning Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000705
Job type: Full time
Level:: Grade 6
Responsible to: Head of Demand Planning
Responsible for: None
Department Strategic Objectives
- Lead in the delivery of overall Demand planning process for the business.
- Consolidate forecasting process to facilitate better planning for overall business performance
- A key contributor to the success of the PZ Cussons commercial strategic plan with an effective and flexible field sales force; demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
- Co-ordinate the demand management process and be the custodian of the overall Demand plans and TM1 system
- Manage Demand planning phase of monthly/annual “Integrated Business Planning process”, liaise with all parties to ensure a consensus forecast.
- Identify and advise promptly abnormal demands situations, forecast accuracies and how to address any identified issues.
- Work closely with the supply and distribution teams to ensure products availability in the right quantity at depots/location/customers in line with the consensus Demand or activity plans.
- Identify Risks and Opportunities and communicate appropriately, coordinate products phase-in and phase-out plans
- Provide background information for Budget and PFs build-up
- Target vs. Actual performance (KPIs)
- Quality and timeliness of information and reporting
Internal & External Relationships:
- Head of Channel Marketing
- Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/NPD/HR team
- PZ Marketing & Sales network
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- First Degree in any discipline
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Experiences: (What experience brings success to this role):
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs,
- Has Field Sales management experience
Knowledge: (What does the person need to know):
- Good knowledge of business objectives and priorities.
- Knowledge of Commercial Planning process
- Good analytical, evaluation, problem solving, planning, organizing and interpersonal skills
- PZ Cussons Leadership competencies
Functional or Technical / Business Skills: (What can the holder do):
- Commercial Acumen – Proven Strength
- Customer Management – Developed
- Negotiation Skills – Developed
- In Market Execution – Developed
- Selling Skills – Proven Strength
- Sales Drivers – Proven Strength
- Channel Strategy-Developed
- Presentation & Communication Proven Strength
PZ Cussons Leadership Competencies required:
Required Behavioural Competences:
- Act Authentically by being open, welcoming and genuine
- Build Capability by pushing for opportunities to learn and grow towards achieving organisational objectives
- Challenge Convention – be courageous to challenge in the right way for the right reasons
- Deliver Fast and Smart by planning and organising activities to achieve defined goals
- Establish Connections internally and externally to better serve our customers and other stakeholders
- Focus to Win by demonstrating drive and resilience to achieving agreed objectives.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online