Depot Accounts Officer at Inland Containers Nigeria Limited
Job Title: Depot Accounts Officer | Inland Containers Nigeria Limited | Location: Kaduna | Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure monitoring of Company’s revenues by keeping track of money owed by customers, preparing invoices and updating records.
- Raises receipts for funds collected from customers/vendors/staff etc, and ensure daily dessemination of receipt details electronically and hard copies weekly.
- Receives and sign-off debit notes after verification of its accuracy and TDO after verification of full payment based on debit note raised.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure prompt revenue collection and lodges funds collected within 24hours to the bank.
- Computes terminal rent payable and ensure full collection from customers and remits same to the company’s account.
- Assists the Financial Accountant with analysis and reconciliations to support statutory accounts audit process
- Liases with depot manager to make requisitions (e.g comsumables)
- Receives PVs from Lagos and facilatate payment to vendors/staff/customers etc based on PV instruction.
- Interfaces with tax authorities in Kano/Kaduna and other related agencies
- Maintains depot asset register
- Liaises with the bank to track receipts and lodgements from consignees or other clients
- Maintains and updates accounts receivable customer files and records with copies of invoices and evidence of lodgements.
- Supervises the performance of the depot accounts assistant.
- First degree / HND in Finance/ Accounting or any related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a similar organisationKnowledge of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, tax regulations and industry legislation
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.