Job Title: Deputy Director of Finance and Grants Management | Location: FCT, Abuja | Catholic Relief Services (CRS
Job Code: 200000DT
Job Level: Day Job
Job Type: Full-time
Employee Status: Manager
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
- The Deputy Director of Finance and Grants Management is responsible for implementing the CRS Sub Recipient Financial Management Policy across all GF Malaria Sub Recipients.
- S/he designs and implements strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting procedures/policies to minimise/manage risks associated with SR grant implementation, safeguard Global Fund’s resources, achieve consistent compliance with Global Fund grant agreement, approved workplan/budget, Global Fund policies and guidelines, as well as CRS’ policies and procedures.
- S/he coordinates and actively works with the sub-recipient (SR) on their grant management capacity.
Specific Job Responsibilities
SR Financial Assessments, Monitoring and Support:
- Facilitates the implementation of CRS’ sub-recipient financial management policy for the Global Fund malaria program; ensure that staff understand and are correctly implementing the policy
- Coordinates with the SR Finance officers to adhere to the approved schedule of planned SR monitoring visits;
- Coordinates and support the SR Finance officers to conduct the SR assessments and monitoring visits in accordance with CRS policies about timeliness, comprehensiveness, professionalism and documentation
- Maintain a tracker of corrective action plans developed and the status of addressing the identified issues on a monthly basis
- Facilitates the participation of the financial and programming staff in the financial monitoring of the SR (including site visits); trip reports must indicate the monitoring steps performed, the processes reviewed, and the result of the testing and reviews
- Review and monitor the SR internal control systems to ascertain that financial duties are adequately segregated; Global Fund malaria program finance and compliance staff should regularly monitor and assess SR ability to accurately record and post all financial transactions and provide feedback to the GF Finance and Grants Management Director.
- Provides direct technical support in all aspects of finance, compliance and internal controls for SRs
- Ensure that the CRS SR Finance officers are trained to conduct proper review of SR program activities to identify areas of noncompliance to GF policies, procedures and regulations and CRS approved work plans/budget
- Ensure project documents and financial records are maintained and readily available for internal/external audits and reviews
- Involved in the development and implementation of grant management trainings and capacity building activities in close collaboration with CRS Nigeria finance and compliance staff
- Support the training of Global Fund malaria program staff in relevant and appropriate donor financial management policies, procedures, and standards
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Global Fund Director Finance and Grant Management, Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Director for Management Quality and HQ Compliance team, GFSU.
- External: Global Fund Nigeria Country Team, SR, LFA, external
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in non-profit Accounting and grant management, preferably with an International Organization and at least four (4) years’ audit experience.
- Professional Accounting qualification such as; ACCA or ACA
- Must be a, self-motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative.
- Good understanding of Global Fund policies and guidelines is required.
- Thorough knowledge of best practices in capacity strengthening with prior experience of integrating this with programming; experience in curriculum design and development.
- Excellent experience in Partners Financial Monitoring and capacity building.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through participatory adult learning, mentoring, distance education, and other formal and non-formal methods; experience in the design of and delivery of training workshops
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially), experience with, Adaptive Planning, Salesforce and JD Edwards software a plus.
- Must be flexible and can work independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Accuracy and completeness with a strong eye for detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online