Job Title: Digital and Content Marketing Specialist | Location: Surulere, Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time | Skooleeo
Skooleeo is an ed-tech organization providing simple, smart solutions that help shape the changing world of education. We empower schools, teachers, students and parents with products aimed at making education management and learning more engaging and impactful.
We harness the power of technology to develop solutions that improve and enrich the impact of education and students ability to learn effectively. We are enabling students to become adequately equipped in their quest for academic excellence.
- A startup EdTech company is looking for a motivated, ambitious and experienced digital and content marketing specialist to increase brand awareness, promote company products or services and to drive prospects to conversion.
- You will work closely with Business Development, Product Manager, Content Manager and the CEO to tell our story across a variety of channels. You will leverage both content creation and digital marketing, in short form and longer form, to tell a compelling story about the company’s mission, vision, products, features and capabilities.
- To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in communicating information online and offline effectively to drive needed traffic and conversion. You should be comfortable working long hours, tight schedules and meeting tough deadlines. If you are self-motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Create compelling marketing content including newsletters, post, emails, blog, flyers, brochures, websites, social media, video scripts, press releases, presentations, newsletters, and more.
- Work closely with design teams to create marketing graphics, images and videos
- Keep track of metrics such as customer engagement and conversion rates to identify ways they can improve during future marketing campaigns
- Own our social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) strategy and execution: create, curate, and manage all social content by translating campaigns into formats that work on social (videos, GIFs, etc.), promote all content, including blog posts, on social to support company goals; develop strategies to increase viral sharing; monitor, listen and respond to users on social, own the reporting of social media performance
- Develop, monitor and track marketing campaign performance for ROI
- Leverage tools as necessary (CRM, Google Analytics, social media analytics, etc.)
- Conduct research to identify emerging trends and key opportunities to grow our market share
- Lead content projects, including running kickoff meetings, drafts, design, to delivery of final content to design and interactive teams.
- Obsessively ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for performance
- Monitor corporate website
- Network with industry experts, media outlets industry professionals and potential clients to drive brand awareness
- Gather customer feedback to inform sales and product teams
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven work experience as a Digital and Content Marketing Specialist or similar role
- HND or B.Sc in relevant field with 3 – 10 years work experience.
- Proficiency with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign and other tools required
- Must possess deep and practical knowledge of marketing trends and strategies
- Ability to translate concepts into campaigns that drive customer engagement and conversion
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, striving for 100% accuracy.
- Excellent writing, presentation and reporting skills with the ability to translate complicated technical jargon into customer- facing materials
- Able to adapt to change in the work environment and able to deal with request change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability with leadership potential.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO
- Email marketing software and auto-responder (Mailchimp, Get-Response, Campaign Monitor)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C advertising campaigns
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools like WordPress
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- N100,000 – N200,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.