Chord Digital | Title: Digital Marketing Intern | Location: Maryland, Lagos
Chord Digital is a digital marketing advertising agency based in Lagos, Nigeria, with a mission to increase the profitability of online marketing campaigns.
- We are looking for a digital marketing intern who is social media savvy and keeps up with all social media trends.
Social Media Community Management:
- Assist with streamlining the company and clients social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tiktok, Instagram, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates.
- Monitoring and replying to Tweets from candidates and clients (initially under supervision from the Team lead)
- Posting Tweets on a daily basis (both job and industry-related), and using tools like TweetDeck to plan forward-looking Tweets over weekends and holidays (under supervision from the team lead)
- Posting updates to the Company LinkedIn account (initially under supervision from the team lead)
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation.
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and up-to-date.
- Posting updates to the Company Facebook and Instagram account (under supervision from a Director)
- Build Facebook and Instagram following ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
- Work with directors to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc)
Coordinating and Distributing Content:
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with the marketing team to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
- Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines.
- Liaising with the marketing team to push new blog posts through the calendar.
- Help coordinate a guest blogger programme, one guest blogger per month. Help to amplify this content through other social media channels.
- Drive awareness of our new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
- Using tools such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite e.t.c, to identify and monitor key industry bloggers, trade journalists and Twitter influencers. Flagging and aggregating interesting content to re-tweet and post.
- Help to create video content and post on YouTube.
- Write, upload and manage company/ clients blog posts in WordPress (initially under supervision from the team lead).
- Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel).
Understanding and monitoring social media analytics:
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to the Website. Look at how well blog posts perform based on their ‘share rating’ and the total number of viewers and time spent on-page. Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better.
- Use tools like Klout, Tweriod and TwitBro to measure our Twitter influence, and monitor what kind of content gets retweeted to help with future content.
- Use Google Reader to follow the blogs and content of our competitors and key clients.
- Use the company’s HootSuite account to create lists of followers and to schedule tweets so that they are continuously pushed out.
- Work with the marketing team to build monthly reporting tools on social media analytics and performance against our ‘baseline targets.’
Email Marketing and SEO:
- Work with each team to create and send email broadcast for the company and our clients around content ideas and keys jobs.
- Research free online directories to generate inbound links for SEO.
- Using Google, search on keywords and look at our competitors’ brands for forums and directories that we can sign up to generate inbound links for our company.
Key Skills Required for the Role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent in English, Literature or History;
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work remotely and under minimal supervision.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
- An entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and the teams you support internally;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- An ability to prioritise work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss; and
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Applicant must be based in Lagos. Living within close proximity to Maryland is a plus.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applicant must be ready for an interview and aptitude test which will be conducted via skype.