Job Title: Director of Human Resources | Hilton Worldwide Job | Location: Abuja
A Director of Human Resources will manage Human Resource related activities including succession planning, talent management, recruitment, learning and development and training, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee relations initiatives.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for the effective management and performance of all Human Resources related activities. This includes talent management, succession planning, learning and development and training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and health and safety initiatives. Specifically, a Director of Human Resources will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plan and forecast the short and long-term talent requirements for the hotel to support its business plans
- Develop and execute the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function
- Lead transformation agenda across the organisation
- Maintain a best practice recruitment approach, including the Company’s vacancy management system, to attract the best applicants
- Build a strong career and succession planning system to retain and develop talent
- Implement training and development strategies to continuously improve performance and customer service
- Oversee the hotel’s human resources database and payroll system
- Provide a framework for counseling, coaching, and welfare services
- Manage the Opinion Survey and the calendar of Team Member social events
- Manage and resolve, promptly and completely, all employee relations issues
- Maintain an awareness of competitor human resources activities and best practices
- Monitor safety programs and Worker’s Compensation benefits
- Ensure compliance with Hilton’s code of conduct and adherence to disciplinary procedures
- Manage relationship between Management and Senior (HAPSSSA) and Junior (NUHPSW) staff union to ensure a harmonious working relationship and environment
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure accurate and equitable compensation structure in line with pay philosophy
What are we looking for?
A Director of Human Resources serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Tertiary qualifications, or other collegiate-level degree, in Human Resources or related field, required
- 5-7 Years Human Resources experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retails sector
- Excellent leadership skills and exceptional communication skills
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- A passion for leadership and the vision to create a winning team
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply