Job Title: Director of Operations
Job ID: 523
Job Type: Full Time
Department/Function: Operations/Project Management
Job Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor/Head of Department)
- The Director of Operations will drive precision and perfection through the seamless and impeccable execution of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme and TEF’s operational systems and processes leveraging TEFConnect with automation where possible.
- To Consolidate and refine TEF Operations strategic objectives/goals for all units comprising of – Entrepreneurship Programme, TEFConnect, Customer Service, Mentorship management and Alumni management.
- To develop and outline the unit structure in alignment with approved structure.
- Budgeting for the function and budget expenditure management
- To manage JDs and KPIs for team members in line with strategic objectives and approved structure.
- To manage function’s SOPs for continuous improvement Create a digital networking platform for African Entrepreneurs / global investors and other entrepreneurship stakeholders
- Collaborate with design, engineering and development teams to ideate, build and iterate TEFConnect 2.0 features and functionalities that improves user’s usage experience.
- Lead and/or participate in testing activities, including integration testing, end-to-end (business process) testing and user acceptance testing.
- Research competitor offerings and keep relevant stakeholders informed on trends in the technology space; ensuring TEFConnect attains and maintains the No.1 position when it comes to entrepreneurship platforms in Africa.
- Update the platform regularly to appeal to current and future stakeholders.
- Monitor and manage the TEF Connect platform to always ensure uptime and proper functionality of all features.
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies and procedures for the TEFConnect.
- Obtain insights into users’ usage and persona through interviews, surveys and focus groups.
- Strategize and execute strategy for platform usage growth.
- Ensure the MCC team are fully aligned with the A-Z of TEFConnect and drive awareness and conversion.
- Manage relationships with software development & IT service providers’ to ensure that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations by delivering quality products and services on time, at all times
- Management and growth of the Operations team members
- Entrepreneurship Programme – Execute end-to-end TEF EP selecting 1000 for TEF-sponsored entrepreneurs + X as confirmed by other Partners e.g. UNDP, AFDB, ICRC, European Union etc.
- Mentorship Management: Manage the TEF Mentor database and achieve target increase in mentor affinity scores and retention rates through execution of appropriate initiatives.
- Ensure maximum engagement with relevant stakeholders and effective execution of mentorship programme
- Alumni Management: Manage the TEF Alumni database both offline and online to ensure maximum affinity with the Foundation.
- Source for 2nd stage opportunities and funding where available for Alumni.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree in any discipline
- MBA or Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar roles across the corporate sector and NGOs.
- Project Management Experience
- Process management Experience
- Organizational effectiveness
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online