Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) | Job Title: Director of Programs
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seek applications from qualified persons for the position of Director of Programs (DOP) in an on-going USAID funded OVC project: Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award in Lagos State.
- The candidate will be based in Lagos with oversight functions on Edo and Kwara States and report to the Chief of Party.
- The DOP will have experience and demonstrated understanding in working with HIV and OVC community-led organizations.
- S/he will have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and ability to develop and track workplans implementation effectively. Part of his/her responsibilities would include:
- Professional documentation and timely submission of project reports and presentations.
- Strengthening the linkages between the community-based OVC care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- Support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs in the area of HIV prevention, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), in addition to tracking LTFU cases, improved HIV Cascade and bi-directional referrals for uptake of services.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based interventions for the OVC priority sub population and survivors of gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers (including OTZ interventions for ALHIV).
- Coordinate and maintain close liaison with project partners and with relevant stakeholders in Project States.
- MBBS or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, Social Sciences or related field. A Master’s degree in Public Health will be added advantage.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in Donor funded program such as USG or United Nations in designing and managing OVC and HIV programs.
- Also required is a vast experience in managing USG-funded activities, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Also send a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job, to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).