Job Title: Diversity Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Lead, People & Culture | Mastercard Foundation
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy.
- Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst.
- Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment.
- Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide.
- We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other.
- We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Understanding Canada Programs at the Foundation
- The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways.
- The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
- As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being.
- Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities.
- We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation.
- The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
- The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation.
- While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
- If you are an experienced DE & I Lead professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
- Reporting to the Head Talent Acquisition and working closely with staff at all levels of the foundation, the DEIB Lead will play a critical role in developing and implementing our DEIB strategy and roadmap grounded in Mastercard Foundation values to employ, develop and retain an engaged high performing, diverse workforce.
- He/She will act as the primary program owner and collaborate with all functions to co-create an integrated enterprise diversity and inclusion strategy that aligns with our Programs priorities.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Provide support and contribute to the ongoing definition and development of the DEIB strategy.
- Have a proven track record shaping and executing a DE& I TA strategy to drive measurable results.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and prioritize key organizational DEIBI organizational
- Provide support to our Talent Acquisition team regarding partnership engagement, events to build a pipeline of top diverse talent.
- Continuously evaluate/ recommend potential partnerships in addition to maximizing current relationships.
- Manage/leverage internal ambassadors and Employee Resource Groups to promote our career opportunities.
- Provide thought leadership/content with respect to DEIB
- Recommend and lead projects which integrate DEIB best practices into the end-to-end employee experience.
- Promote our brand on all relevant social media/recruitment outreach channels.
- Build communication strategy with diverse talent leveraging our marketing team.
- Develop a strong network of diverse talent relevant to our business needs.
- Develop a DEIB dashboard that will measure all DEIB activities against key performance indicators related to building awareness, access, opportunity and sponsorship of DEIB across the employee lifecycle.
- Ensure all people related organizational policies are aligned to the DEIB mission and mandate
- Partner with the Talent Development team to design inclusive leadership programs for all people leaders
- Create congruence with the Disability, Diversity and Inclusion team focused on programmatic work to ensure alignment in external and internal work
Who You Are
- B.Sc in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or relevant field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in talent acquisition, talent management, culture or managing diversity and inclusion programs within multicountry institutions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leadership roles
- Experience designing and implementing DEIB programs, initiatives or strategies, conducting data analysis, secondary research and communicating and presenting program and policy information.
- Ability to turn strategy into impact.
- Have an inclusive mindset and highly collaborative.
- Agility and adaptability with the approach, through regular reviews and focus on continually evolving needs.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, prioritizing, and consensus building.
- Demonstrated written, presentation and spoken communication skills in English required.
- Ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures. French is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online