Job Title: Driver and Administrative Assistant | Sightsavers
Locations: Kaduna, Kwara, Abuja, Benue
Reports to: Lead Driver
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Department: Finance & Performance
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
- To drive staff in the office as well as visiting Sightsavers staff and consultants when necessary and to ensure the maintenance and safety of all office vehicles at all times and to perform clerical duties in support of the efficient running of the office.
- Drive safely within the laws of (Country) at all times and with respect for other road users and pedestrians
- Act as driver for Staff to carry out all official duties
- Pick Sightsavers staff to & from Airport where this service is not outsourced
- Drive Sightsavers vehicle as appropriate for official errands
Maintenance of Vehicles 15%:
- Check fuel, oil and water daily and fill up as necessary.
- Keep vehicles in a clean condition inside and outside.
- Check tyres, logbooks, tools, etc. and test drive each vehicle once a week.
- Undertake routine maintenance of vehicles, including simple repairs.
- Ensures vehicles are regularly serviced and advise the Administrative Officer when servicing is required and/or when defects/ problems arise.
- Make sure all vehicles have reflectors, fire extinguishers, first aid box, etc. First aid boxes for the vehicles must be checked regularly to ensure that items used are promptly replenished.
- Lock up vehicles with security locks and/or alarms.
- Keep a maintenance record of vehicles. e.g. replacement of major parts, tyres, batteries, body spraying, etc.
Office Errands 15%:
- Transact business with the banks on foreign currencies for staff related travels.
- Maintain liaison with officials of immigration and embassies for staff entry visas and renewal of passports and work permits.
- Assist in picking up invoices for procuring logistics.
- Payment of statutory obligations.
Admin Support 10%:
- Assist with the organisation of various office events (seminar, plenaries, meetings, workshops, Away Days etc)
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and filling as when required
- Monitor electricity /generator usage
- Perform other admin duties as required.
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience)
Jobholder entry requirements – the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required:
- Basic Education Certificate (BECE)
- Substantial driving experience
- Experience with working with NGOs.
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Attention to detail
- Good command of spoken English/French (As appropriate)
- Availability for emergency work on weekends and public holidays
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel at short notice
- Plus, we would expect the following:
- Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
- High degree of integrity
- Active listener
- All country office staff
- Visiting Sightsavers staff
- Project Partners
- Immigration Service
- Service Delivery organisations
- Statutory payment office
Local terms and conditions will apply.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply