The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver III
Location: Biu-Borno & Adamawa
Contract: 1-year renewable contract
Slot: 3 Openings
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive Activity vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and support field operations
- Perform necessary cleaning and washing of the assigned vehicles as needed
- Maintain Activity vehicles and provide timely advice to the transport office of any assigned vehicle requiring maintenance services in line with IITA Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Policy
- Act as Field Assistant in collecting data when travelling with Project experts and other team members for field, training or meeting activities
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- WASC or an equivalent Certificate with minimum of four (4) years professional driving experience in a reputable organization.
- Have ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in Hausa and English language
- Have capacity to work effectively in a team
- Have versatility of driving varying automobiles in host country roads
- Have experience in farming operations is desirable
- Have ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.