Job Title: Driver
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2022-015
Recruitment Type: National (1-year reable contract)
Contract: 1-year reable contract
- Carry out driving duties as instructed by the supervisor
- Drive vehicles within and outside duty station to transport personnel, materials and supplies including out of hours, weekends and or public holidays as required.
- Record all vehicle logbooks which includes mileage, maintenance history and fuel consumption.
- Reports potential mechanical faults on vehicles as soon as they are discovered.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance checks and ensure that all vehicles are fueled daily.
- Liaise with FMS workshop to ensure prompt servicing of vehicle as at when due.
- Ensure safety of vehicle and goods and assist in imprest purchases.
- Provide support to technical officers during field assignments
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Business Administration or related field with valid professional driver’s license (Class E) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in a development or research environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have sound mind, high integrity, good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Have ability to adhere to instruction, calm and ready to work, non-egocentric attitude and effective time management skill.
- Ability to manage pressure, prior knowledge of material handling tool and knowledge of material handling tools and basic supply chain duties.
- Experience in working in diplomatic environment
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format before the deadline.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women, while all applications will be acknowledged.