The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver / Logistics Assistant
Ref No.: IITA-HR-NRS2020-011
Contract: 1-year renewable contract
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive activity vehicle in safe and courteous manner and support field operations
- Perform necessary cleaning and washing of assigned vehicle as needed
- Maintain activity vehicle and provide timely advice to transport office of any assigned vehicle requiring maintenance services in line with IITA Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Policy
- Act as a field assistant in collecting data when travelling with Activity experts and other team members for field, training or meeting activities
- Perform logistics work such as meeting visitors at the airport, delivering message around FCT, gathering information and providing relevant lead/guide and monitor delivery of essential Activity materials.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Agriculture or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ working experience performing similar or related roles with possession of valid driver’s license.
- Have the capacity to work in a team.
- Have versatility of driving varying automobiles in host country roads.
- Experience in farming operations.
- Good knowledge of government, donor and private sector companies’, offices and ability to deliver messages effectively.
- Basic computer skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.