Job Title: Editor | NDSL | Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
NDSL is a Digital Online Publishing Company, publishing creative and entertaining financial news with focus on Personal Finance and based in Abuja and Lagos.
- We are looking to recruit individuals to lead a wide coverage on financial markets, monetary and fiscal policies and the banking sector in Nigeria.
- The individuals are expected to create contents specifically on Life, Money, Planning, Economy, Family & Money, Mortgage, Insurance, Personal Taxes, Loans, and Banking amongst others.
- The editors shall be responsible for planning, coordinating, indexing, and revising contents of written materials, in preparation for final publication. The position requires individuals who has thorough knowledge in editorial services, writing and contents creation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage writers and reporters and enforce deadlines on news stories submission and production.
- Coordinate online publishing cycle and manage content areas.
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations.
- Provide support and guidance of editorial team, identify opportunities for professional growth and coordinate the training.
- Create entertaining finance news and attractive headlines in alignment with targeted audience preferences.
- Ensure that all stories for the website are assigned and deadlines are established.
- Responsible for website design and layout (artwork, graphics, videos and photography) of the news sections.
- Proofread, edit and improve content forwarded by writers for accuracy, errors and plagiarism.
- Assess reader complaints, incorporate suggestions and take responsibility for issues after publication.
- Cooperate and liaise with other members of the media team to decide on new posts
- Collaborate with other professionals (online and traditional media) to improve article presentation.
- Appraise reporters and line editors and ensure they meet their KPIs
- Use SEO and social media
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure popularity
- Keep track of developments in web technology
- Comply with media laws and ethical guidelines.
The ideal candidates should be comfortable covering market-sensitive stories in real time, breaking news and crafting deeply reported features in addition to the following:
- A creative writer with a good bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in writing and proofreading
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with content management systems
- Conceptual creative abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to create stories
- Strong interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.