Latest Egbin Power Plc. Jobs Vacancies and Careers in Nigeria
About Egbin Power Plc: Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
Egbin Power Recruitment
November 28, 2022
August 20, 2022
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Learning and Development Specialist Location: Lagos Job Summary To assist in the design & delivery, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of staff’s learning and developmental needs. Responsible… Read more here
Egbin Power Job Title: Operations & Maintenance Technicians Location: Lagos Responsibilities Understanding of the basic principle behind power generation Knowledge of industry, plant, company, equipment, scientific, technical, tool, safety, and personnel terminology.… Read more here
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: IT Systems Administrator Location: Lagos Job Summary Responsible for the design, organization and support of computer systems. Key Duties and Responsibilities To upgrade and manage the IT… Read more here
August 20, 2022
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Project Engineer Location: Lagos Job Summary To direct, control and co-ordinate the execution of projects, under the leadership of the Head Project Delivery, involving high technology… Read more here
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Human Resources Generalist Location: Nigeria Job Summary Assist with the general operations within the HR department, such as implementation and monitoring of HR Operation strategies; employee experience… Read more here
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Senior Business Analyst Location: Lagos Job Summary Collate and prepare management reports to aid management decision-making process, budgeting, planning, and monitoring of operational performance. Key Duties and… Read more here
August 20, 2022
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Performance Manager Location: Lagos Job Summary Manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and performance improvement programmes are implemented and managed using a data-driven… Read more here
August 20, 2022
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Facility & Administrative Manager Location: Lagos Job Summary Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Facility management, coordination of Support Services team and facility administration. Key Duties and… Read more here
July 25, 2022
Egbin Power P Job Title: Plant Safety Officer Location: Nigeria Job Summary Ensure Implementation of QHSE requirements in all jobs and situations around Business Generating Centre (BGC). Key Duties and Responsibilities To… Read more here
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Lead Emergency Response Location: Nigeria Job Summary Ensure initiatives to prevent as well as effectively respond to incidents within the plant and estate facilities. Key Duties and… Read more here
July 25, 2022
Egbin Power Plc Job Title: Facility Operations Officer Location: Nigeria Job Summary To provide assistance to ensure the day-to-day smooth management and operation through the Egbin facility. Key Duties and Responsibilities Ensure… Read more here
June 30, 2022
Job Title: Operations Technician | Egbin Power Plc | Location: Nigeria Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest… Read more here
May 24, 2022
Egbin Power Plc | Job Title: 2022 Industrial Training Programme (SIWES) | Location: NigeriaDuration: July 2022 – December 2022 Eligibility Students on Second Class Upper (2.1) or its equivalent as at… Read more here
Financial Reporting Officer
Job type: Full Time
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely financial information to enhance financial decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate current and historical data to enhance decision making.
- Provide analytic insight in support key strategy projects, market, trend, customer, channel and competitive assessments.
- Assist in preparation of draft financial statement for audit purpose and ensure timely completion of the statutory audit.
- Prepare and submit all regulatory report to NERC at defined deadlines.
- Compute relevant federal, state, local, VAT, PAYE and other tax returns for the attention of the Section Head Financial Reporting at defined periods.
- Oversee filing of tax and fiscal requirements within defined statutory deadlines.
- Ensure prompt remittance of computed taxes and returns to relevant authorities in a timely manner.
- Extract, collate and file relevant support documentations and proof of tax remittances for tax investigation exercises.
- Maintain records of all tax transactions and related balance sheet activity for tax and audit purposes.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts and assist the Taxation Accountant with special projects as required.
- Perform tax-related research and review relevant documentations to interpret tax legislations and provisions.
- Ensure accuracy of tax reporting in financial statements – audit reviews, budgets & reports.
- Manage Egbin’s tax remittances and provisioning to ensure appropriateness.
- Respond to ad-hoc inquiries/ queries on tax related issues and maintain relationships with personnel at the tax offices or other authority
- Ensures adherence to strategies to meet short, medium and long-term financing needs ensuring alignment with the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Assist to ensure judicious use of organization’s resources to meet all likely contingencies within established risk limits.
- Preparation of financial forecasts and monitoring business performance.
- Recommend strategies for project financing to facilitate the realisation of Egbin’s operational and corporate objectives.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with strategic partners
- Participate/ provide inputs in the review of financial partners dealings and ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure effective tax planning for Projects by seeking innovative ways for the business to benefit from tax reliefs and other similar advantages
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in macroeconomic policies and advice the Finance team on the implications for the business.
- Assist in preparing the unit’s budget inputs and contribute in the preparation of the budget firm-wide.
- Support preparation of senior management and board level communications
- Provide support in the areas of performance monitoring, analytics and reporting with the company to drive operational efficiency.
- Assist in ensuring effective strategies and measures are in place and detect potential revenue leakages/irregularities.
- Develop and implement creative performance template/tracker for the business.
- Collate and interpret data, analysing results from varied sources, using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports, draw inference and present observations that will guide business decisions.
- Develop business intelligence tools that help drive business operations.
- Ensure compliance to International and local reporting standards in line with best practice
- Review business financial statements and analyse commodity prices, sales, costs, expenses, and tax rates to determine a company’s value by projecting the company’s future earnings
- Meet with company officials to gain better insight into the company’s prospects and management.
- Perform expense trend analysis and monitor financial and operational risk exposure on an ongoing basis; proactively communicate potential risks to management
- Provide general support to business managers as required.
- Completes other ad hoc analysis and reporting, including utilizing data from multiple sources.
- Perform any other duty as may be communicated by line managers, management team or any other recognized stakeholder.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA) will be an added advantage.
- Five (5)- Eight (8) years relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the power industry.
- Good working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including a standard ERP software.
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to extract, manipulate and analyse large volumes of data and strong problem-solving skills
- High sense of accountability and dependability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.