Title: Electrical Technician | Job Number: 33350 | British American Tobacco
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Reports to: Electrical Maintenance Lead
Geographic Scope: Ibadan
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role is responsible to own and drive root cause analysis within a team of Equipment Owners/Operating teams for an Operating Line, Lines, or Operation.
- The Electrical Technician by his role supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools.
- He is responsible, in conjunction with the Equipment Owner at ensuring their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are executed. 95% of individual’s time will be spent on the Operating Floor working with the team. Individual is member of Operating (Autonomous) Team.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale
- Flow to the work as needed to meet the business need
- Collaborate across lines and cell with other technicians as required to maintain cohesive, responsive, flexible organization
- Participate in Shift Transition Meeting and Planned Stop huddles/critiques, per the Site DDS (Daily Direction Setting) DMS (Daily Management system)
- Participate in monthly performance review with Shift team lead and quarterly review with Line lead using scorecard/PAP (Personal Action Plan)
- Participate in monthly/quarterly department team meetings/briefings
- Actively participate in project delivery and execution
- Support resources to align with established standards and document standards for improvements made
- Familiarize and align with all applicable and relevant business processes, procedure and policies
- Ensures that defects are found and fixed daily on assigned equipment, most especially around high loss areas
- Fixes defects found, submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix and continues to follow-up until defect is repaired
- Key driver for analysing all safety risks and driving out losses associated with those risks.
- Implement all required and recommended actions/responsibilities to support
- Operating teams through the IWS (Integrated Work System) Phase Journey.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of “hands on” experience in production environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Academic background (Bachelor’s Degree, National Diploma or Higher National Diploma) in Electrical Engineering
- NYSC Completed
- Sound knowledge of PLC and Siemens S7.
- Ability to develop and effectively mentor and train other technicians/ new joiners.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Continuous improvement attitude.
- Availability to work in shifts.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply