Job Position: Account & Admin Officer |
HR Leverage Africa
Job Location: Victoria, Lagos
Report Line Direct report to: General Manager
HR Leverage Africa – Our Client, One Of The Professional Multi-discipline Real Estate And Property Development Company In Victoria Island, Lagos Is Recruiting.
- We are recruiting an Accountant (non) chartered. An ideal person will be responsible for operational and tactical financial analysis and reporting as well as Managing office supplies stock and placing orders.
- Compiling & analyzing financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance.
- Reconciling the company’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Analyzing data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company.
- Presenting data to managers, investors, and other entities.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Organizing and managing schedules and calendars for staff, managers, and senior-level officers.
- Answering telephone calls, responding to queries, and replying to emails.
- Preparing reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures.
- Sort and file documents, sort and deliver in-office mail and memos, and review documents for errors before they are sent out of the office.
- Organize meetings and statutory events (e.g. Panels and Case Conferences), ensuring that appointments are realistically planned with regard to timing and venue; venue, catering and resources are booked appropriately; and preparing materials to support the event.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
- Relevant experience and training is important
- Experience with accounting software and data entry.
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Skills & Competency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/ year-end close process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn how to use standard office equipment, such as fax machines, modern phone systems, and copy machines.
- Good eye for details.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Closing Date