Job Title: Peer Educator
Ref Id: sfh-95908
Contract Duration: 4 Months
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Carry out community familiarisation, mobilise peers and venue selection for sessions.
- Take in the lead in community advocacy activities for parents and guardians.
- Provide support in developing a monthly work plan.
- Manage and provide technical assistance to peers during the sessions.
- Achieve weekly/monthly outreach targets.
- Compile, validate and report data on session activities.
- Carry out any other responsibility as may be assigned.
- A minimum of a National Diploma (ND) in Social/Behavioural Sciences or a related field of study.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in community and health-related interventions, especially in behaviour change communication and management of health-related plans.
- Experience in advocacy / IPC will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate ability and competency in working with local communities and community leaders.
- The successful candidate must be a resident in the state/community of implementation.
- He/She must be able to speak the local language of the intervention state (Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba).
- He/She must be conversant with the norms and values of the community.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advocacy Skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
About Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.