Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Lead Pastor
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
- Act as first line contact for direct reports of the Lead Pastor
- Receive and direct/screen telephone calls and emails intended for the Lead Pastor’s office as appropriate
- Serve as gatekeeper for the Lead Pastor, while ensuring people are helped/served in a friendly and good manner
- Review and prioritize telephone messages for the Lead Pastor
- Make telephone calls for the Lead Pastor, as directed
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams to improve business planning methods.
- Determine and execute key business initiatives that will drive business operations.
- Develop and implement best practices and learning plans to meet business objectives.
- Assist management in operations, resource management, budget, revenue accounting, etc.
- Define, develop and implement business planning processes
- Develop standard procedures to manage and maintain business operational and financial objectives.
- Assist in preparing strategic plan by analyzing trends and forecast.
- Identify existing problems within the church system and provide recommendations for improvements.
Itinerary/ Calendar Management:
- Organize and maintain the Lead Pastor’s diary
- Make appointments for the Lead Pastor, while redirecting those appointments that can be appropriately handled by another Pastors/ units etc.
- Enter meetings, events, and church-wide activities into the Lead Pastor’s personal calendar at his request.
- Provide the Lead Pastor with updated weekly, monthly and yearly calendars.
- Coordinate Lead Pastor’s speaking engagements and travel arrangements.
Meeting Preparation & Support:
- Aid in preparation for meetings as requested by the Lead Pastor
- Records meeting minutes, when requested, and assists in ensuring meetings proceed in a professional and timely manner
- Assists in preparation for organizing Board of Trustees meetings
- Assists in preparation of notes and slides for speaking engagements.
- Maintain various types of files and databases for the Lead Pastor
- Maintain database for membership, birthdays, wedding anniversaries, and baby dedications.
- Review and/or draft the Lead Pastor’s correspondence, answer mail and/or compose letters, as directed
- Type ministry-related correspondence, reports, minutes, etc.
- Process Lead Pastor’s expenses and other administrative items
- Arrange and reserve all ministry-related travel.
- Help with arrangements to host guest ministers at our church events.
- Manage various personal matters including banking, flights etc. for the Lead Pastor
- Liaise with church members, guests, and other staff
- Run miscellaneous errands for the Lead Pastor
- A University Degree from an accredited
Relevant Experience (Type and minimum years expected):
- Time Management skills
- Communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proactive Problem Identification and Resolution
- At least 3 years’ experience providing support at a high level
- Attitude and Behavioral Traits
- High degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality
- High level of Confidentiality
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Creative, forward thinker.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle conflicting demands to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online