Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role entails working closely with the MD/ED and requires a clear understanding of the organization’s corporate philosophy (vision, mission, core values and brand drivers) and a demonstrable ability to play an instrumental role in achieving them.
- It is a perfect fit for ambitious, creative and highly detailed individuals who think outside the box and have the desire and ability to learn new skills fast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling meetings and appointments, preparing weekly itineraries, maintaining organized diaries, preparing of relevant briefs, reports and addresses.
- Participate in Governance related engagements
- Liaise with Regulators and Consultants
- Prepare, maintain and securely keep all registers including members, directors, shareholders/shareholdings
- Devising and maintaining office systems and processes, including data management, filing and retrieval system for the Executive.
- Works closely and effectively, by keeping the MD well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Attending to all incoming and outgoing correspondences/mails
- Screening and handling telephone calls, enquiries, requests for visitations as appropriate
- Taking minutes and proceedings of important meetings where required.
- Drafting contract, Service Level Agreements (SLA) etc. for the company.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports, speeches and presentations
- Devising and maintaining office systems and processes, including data management, filing and retrieval system etc.
- Organizing meetings and ensuring the MD is well-prepared for meetings
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate actions
- Organize travel itinerary for the MD
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the MD’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Scheduling virtual and non-virtual meetings
- Manage Stakeholders relationships under direction from and on behalf of the Board
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MD
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Drafting and preparing confidential correspondence
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Advisory Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
Requirements / Skills & Knowledge
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 5 years work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience as an Executive Assistant is highly important
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skill and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical, critical reasoning and strategic thinking capabilities skills
- Multi-tasking skills to be able to meet deliver multiple deadlines in good time
- Coordination and scheduling skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of discretion and Emotional Intelligence
- Time management skills to meet deadlines and deliver on assignments
- Administration experience
- Very vibrant and courteous.
- The ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
- The ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must possess strong presentation skills.
- Candidates must reside around the Island or close to the island.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their recent copy of their CV and current Photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.