Guinness Nigeria Plc
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Managing Director
Job Requisition ID: JR1075817
Job type: Full-time
Worker Type: Regular
- The Executive Assistant holds a key role in our business and is extremely critical to business success.
- Based in our beautiful head office in Lagos, Nigeria, the Executive Assistant Under general direction, performs a variety of complex, highly responsible, and confidential office, administrative and secretarial support functions for the MD and Executive Leadership; and performs related duties as assigned.
- The Executive Assistant will have the ability to exercise good judgment and confidentiality in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, I.T, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Coordinate overall Corporate calendar and actions deliverable for the Executive team
- Stakeholder management: serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the executive office.
- Acts as confidential executive assistant to the MD and Executive Leadership; provides a wide variety of complex clerical and administrative support; including taking minutes of all executive meetings, prepare meeting agendas, follow up with staff as necessary for detailed information to be included in response; facilitate the resolution of urgent/complex issues by the MD.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the executive office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Researches, gathers, and analyzes data on a variety of administrative and policy matters; develops recommendations and prepares related business reports, organization charts and power point presentations (as appropriate).
- Plans and organises team meetings, events and communications
- Acts as a “gate-keeper” by managing the executive leadership’s calendars. This involves using discretion in identifying critical items, setting up meetings and making scheduling changes with minimal involvement by the executive leadership. Plans, coordinates and ensures the executive leadership’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the executive leadership’s time and office.
- Handles information of a highly confidential and critical nature on a regular basis, including the orchestration of reports and data.
- Keeps record of expenses compared to budget
- Flexibility to assist your Execs and team with ad-hoc duties that may arise.
Background / Essential Skills
- Fluency in written & spoken English language is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably at multinational companies and managing multi managers.
- Highly developed I.T literacy, including strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 365, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and computer-based systems.
- Experience in diary management.
- Strong analytical acumen: demonstrated ability to interpret & analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to manage positive relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Self-starter, with experience in managing projects and solving issues
- Able to work comfortably at a fast-pace, high-performance environment
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently at all levels within the organization and with external contacts.
- A background in graphic design or Marketing will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online