Title: Expatriate Chartered Accountant | Location: Lagos | Ascentech Services
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue freight invoices in accordance with terms and conditions
- Issue invoices for time charter hire for vessels chartered out, in accordance with terms and conditions of Charter Parties
- Monitor collection and perform AR control for invoices issued
- Report AR status to Trade Teams
- Check supplier invoices and Final port disbursements against supplier agreements and tariffs, plus actual events
- Separate vessel owners cost and invoicing of same to vessel managers or TC owners
- Timely update and maintenance of estimates and actual income and cost
- Perform periodic reconciliation and processing of equipment and consumables cost
- Prepare reports for and participate in regular discrepancy meetings
- Perform quarterly voyage reconciliations, including resolving open issues to ensure closing of voyages within the target time as per company policy
- To take action to ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met or exceeded Requirements
Candidate must be a Chartered accountant or Master Degree in Finance/Accountancy Qualifications and Training Required:
- Candidate must be a Chartered accountant or Master Degree in Finance/Accountancy
- Experience in shipping would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks in order to meet established deadlines.
- Capable of working in an international environment
Application Closing Date
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.