Job Title: Export Logistics Officer (Cement Industry) | Reference No.: Exportlogistics002
Location: Onne, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing export loading activities at assigned (on-loading and transloading) at assigned destination to ensure overall orderliness and efficiency of loading operations.
- Coordinates export activities including reviewing documents received from DCP Plant, tracing incoming shipments/Trucks with creating arrival notices and planning for customs clearance with broker and handling delivery instructions.
- Ensure Liaising with Border Customs, Immigration, NDLEA, Police, Communities and DSS to smooth the process of exporting clinker/Cement to International Countries
- Generate, file, maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, documentation, database, etc.
- Ensure all documentation meets 100% export regulations (commercial / Final invoices, shipper export declaration, etc).
- Arrange trucks movement to international destinations, making booking, preparing, and processing documentation.
- Manage relationships with DCP plant Logistics Officer and DCT employees to smooth the process of exporting clinker/Cement to International Countries
- Prepared and hand over DCT trucks to customers’ agents after crossing the border.
- Ability to work in a blended operations and customer development role.
- Ability to handle International drop-shipments per business standard operations procedure.
- Responsible for Packing trucks at the border, crossing, and labelling small sample shipments.
- Ensure safe and time passage of trucks through borders.
- Ensure that all clearance documents are ready for border crossing.
- Report any challenges on either side of the border.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies, and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply