Job Title: FAC Residential Coordinator – Employees of the Mission All/or USEFMs, EFMs, or MOHs | US Embassy | Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-081
Series/Grade: FP – 1205 7
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- C Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Basic Function of the Position – The Residential Coordinator reports directly to the Facility Manager (FM) and is responsible for coordinating FAC resources in supporting the General Services Office and the Regional Security Office in ensuring that residential quarters (160 units) provide to Embassy Abuja staff meet Department of State requirements and standards. Position will coordinate with FAC Residential Maintenance Supervisor, FAC POSHO Assistant, GSO Housing, GSO Property, and RSO Residential Security Coordinator.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of three (3) years responsible experience in administration and/or building trades is required.
- Knowledge of procedures related to residential facility managing and maintenance concepts is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma is required.
- This may be tested. Please your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Mid-level skills in MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook is required. Ability to manage projects and plan meetings, as well as ability to tactfully interact in person, by email, and by phone is required. Good customer-service skills and attention to detail is required. Must have valid Nigeria driver’s license with the ability to drive a USG sedan.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Salary & Other Benefits
- USD38,056 (NGN6,455,212) annually
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Apply To This Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders / Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.