Title: Facilities & Inventory Assistant | FHI 360 | Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Logistics Officer
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Facilities and Inventory Assistant will ensure the office facilities, supplies are optimized.
- S / he will also be responsible for the compilation and maintenance of accurate inventory records in Borno State office.
- S / he will verification assets and ensure inventory data is accurately entered into the FHI360 Borno electronic inventory system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor generator use and fuel consumption and provide periodic reports.
- Ordering and stocking of operations supplies such as fuel, drinking water, toiletries and other utilities to support office operations.
- Ensure the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of the entire FHI360 Borno facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of FHI360 Borno facilities and equipment and ensure quality of work.
- Ensure appropriate tagging of office equipment, furniture and fittings.
- Ensure that repairs and maintenance problems are logged, resolved, and that quality of service is assured.
- Ensure inventory system for all activities such as additions, disposals, movements/relocations, retrievals, change in status/condition, etc. are done in accordance with FHI360 policy.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary school level training preferably technical training, National Diploma or its equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related course.
- Minimum of one year hands on work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft office application Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment such as generator.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of local dialect is an added advantage.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to travel to Borno Local Government Areas minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply