Title: Facility Maintenance / Safety Officer | Location: Abuja (FCT)
Type: Full-time | Pillars Engineering and Projects Consult Limited
Pillars Engineering and Projects Consult Limited is a growing engineering and projects consulting firm with head office located in Abuja and branch offices across Nigeria. We major in Construction, Structural, Energy and Electrical Engineering Projects. Working for a wide variety of clients across a range of sectors including residential, automotive,hospitals, industrial and commercial. Our collaborative internal culture ensures coordinated engineering project delivery and consultation across all disciplines.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHStraining of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Proven experience as a safety officer or health Facility officer
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- B.Sc/BA/HND in facility and safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety, HSE and other professionalism, will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV attached with Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the mail.