Job Title: Executive Secretary | Federal Nigeria Society for the Blind (FNSB) | Job Location: Lagos
The Federal Nigeria Society for the Blind (FNSB), a non-profit organization that was established in 1955 with a focus on training and rehabilitating persons who go blind midlife.
- The role has the overall responsibility for the management and smooth operations / execution of all the society’s initiatives and activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for fundraising on behalf of the society
- Being the ‘public face’ of the society
- Networking with related organizations
- Initiating, nurturing and maintaining close links with organizations friendly to FNSB
- Serving on all committees of the Council
- Preparation and presentation of monthly FNSB activities report to Council including minutes of meetings
- Preparation and presentation of Annual Budgets to Council for approval
- Personnel management, including recruitment, performance appraisals, training, discipline, development and deployment
- Overview of the management of the Center premises including school infrastructure, facilities and business ventures
- Liaison between the FNSB Council and other employees by cascading Council’s decisions to them
- Implementation of Council directives and decisions
- To be aware of the Objectives, Values, and the Code of Conduct of the Society in order to ensure strict adherence by other employees
- Implementation of policies and guidelines laid down by the Executive Council for the smooth running of the Society’s office
- Ensure proper implementation of all Committees’ initiatives and activities
- Provide support for Vocational Training Centre (VTC) correspondences and documentation.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of First Degree in Administration or Social Sciences (a Master’s Degree will be of advantage)
- Knowledge of psychology
- Customer service skills
- Thorough and pays attention to detail
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good IT Skills and computing, (Microsoft Suite of Software)
- Fire safety trained (to be provided if not available).
- Be committed to the vision, mission, values and objectives of the Society
- Be a positive and committed employee of the Society by demonstrating the highest personal and professional ethics
- Be a good communicator with a clear understanding of the role and its responsibilities of the position
- Cultivate good relationships with key VTC staff especially the Principal
- Experienced Administrator/Manager
- Performed roles at a supervisory/managerial level eg Dept. Head
- Working unsupervised self-motivated
- Must be teachable and willing to learn new skills
- Competitive remuneration
- Transportation for operational requirements (access to car or transport refund for operational movements)
- Accommodation when refurbished by December, 2021.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply