Job Title: Female Internship Programme – ICT Intern | Job Location: Abuja | World Food Programme |
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Holder of a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology or its related field;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months or graduated in the last 12 months;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English;
- Customer oriented approach with fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills;
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views;
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage;
- Knowledge of software development life cycle;
- Ability to design and document process flow by working closely with Business engagement officer;
- Capability of designing user friendly dashboards showing statistics and metrics on the usage of services, Conduct IT assessments and User surveys:
The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements. The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The selected candidate will be assisting the ICT unit with the following key duties:
- Assist in the documentation of business processes by use of flowcharts and use cases
- Provide support in the documentation of various SOPs: sensitization, assessment, registration, deduplication, distribution, redemption, settlement, reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of beneficiary data import in line with programmatic needs
- Interact effectively with internal and external colleagues and user groups to understand their needs, make follow up calls and reminders to weekly meeting with relevant colleagues.
- Contribute to the preparation of operational plans and deliver resource requirements
- Produce detailed functional specifications for solution development and write and review documentation appropriate to the System Development Life Cycle for quality, accuracy and comprehensive coverage of functionality
- Manage test scenarios and test cases, review unit testing for quality, accuracy and comprehensive coverage of both functionality and requirements
- Manage incoming change, maintenance and support activities to maximize the business value of developed IT solutions
- Perform any other related duties.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Good experience with IT tools (office suites and Internet in general)
- Knowledge with tools and standards for the software development process modelling and management
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging, team-oriented environment
- Inter-personal communications skills
- Must be a Female
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
- Duration: 8 months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is 11th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply