Job Title: Female Internship Programme-Intern/Gender | World Food Programme | Abuja
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of interns is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Master’s degree or First University Degree (completed or in-process) in Gender Studies, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements. The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
2. Participate and support in the implementation of the country office gender transformation programme activities and events including al meetings, forums, as needed, to support proper documentation
3. Support the CO’s engagement with the other UN agencies
4. Support the development and dissemination of knowledge products
5. Prepare briefing notes, talking points, and reports as required.
6. Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Must be a female
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
Duration: 8 months
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application Closing Date
The deadline for submission of applications is 11th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply