Winrock International | Title: Field Accountant | Location: Abuja, Nigeria | Reports to: Senior Accountant |
Project: Feed the Future Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) Project
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantages, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology. Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
- Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the senior accountant to ensure prompt payment and proper job coding on QuickBooks, follow-up on the status of invoices and tracking payments.
- Maintain the finance files for all project activities, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses and monthly invoices, etc.
- Maintain physical and digital records related to specific projects documents like management of timesheets, annual leave, travel advance and expense reports from project staff. Basic finance document preparation for the organization.
- Ensure proper cash handling for project petty cash account.
- Perform other finance duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Prepare requisitions related to office operations for the project.
- Support the procurement manager in managing hotel bookings/reservations in the field and ensure all hotel bills are reviewed and reconciled before sending to the procurement manager for further review and processing of payments.
- In collaboration with the procurement manager ensure proper fleet management of project/rental vehicles
- Support the procurement manager in managing the project inventory
- Manage office equipment maintenance and logging of fuel usage for generator and project vehicles.
- Support the procurement manager in pre-qualification processes and updating the vendor database for the project.
- Support all administrative functions of the project.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements:
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Proficient user of Quick Books.
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and concisely in English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to manage stress and meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply