Title: Field Procurement Officer / Reference No.: IDB2546
Location: Abuja \ Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Not Applicable
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
- Carry out duties related to the planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement related activities within the locations associated with the Regional Hubs to fulfill the development mandates of the Bank.
- This role ensures effective compliance to the procurement guidelines for successful preparation, appraisal, implementation and completion of the approved development projects in the assigned countries.
- Contribute in the development of policies and strategies and capacity building in the area of project procurement.
Key Accountabilities (not exhaustive list)
Policies, Procedures & Processes:
- Ensure effective implementation of the policies and procedures as per the Procurement Guidelines of the Bank.
- Provide Technical advice to the project teams of the beneficiaries through the OTL in the preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures considering the Member Countries’ needs, IsDB Group priorities and the best practices in other MDBs.
Project Procurement Management:
- Extend Project Procurement Facilitation and Implementation Support at entry, during implementation and at completion to improve quality in the overall project management and delivery.
- Provide support in risk assessment in projects as per the Procurement Guidelines and follow-up with the concerned parties in-order to maintain acceptable risk mitigation measures.
- Support in the elaboration of project concept notes, preparation and appraisal of projects in-order to provide the required advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the Country portfolios.
- Reviewing and clearance of Procurement Documents (RfP, BD, PQD, EoL, GPN, SPN etc.) received from the beneficiaries and ensure their compliance with the IsDB requirements.
- Contribute in the resolution of procurement issues from various stakeholders, including those related to inputs in complaints handling as per the guidelines, in-order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Contribute in the capacity development of concerned stakeholders through organizing and preparing specialized workshops on project procurement policies and procedures as per the procurement guidelines of IsDB, both internally and externally.
- Contribute in the preparation of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Certification in purchasing / procurement would be preferred
- English (mandatory)
- French (mandatory)
- Arabic (Preferred).
Minimum Number of years and Nature of Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project procurement in a multi-lateral sector.
- Bank Knowledge
- Country Knowledge and Programming
- Country Portfolio Assessment
- Project Risk Assessment and Evaluation
- Policies and Procedures
- Project Management
- Motivation to learn and share.
Core / Behavioural:
- Client Centricity and Stakeholder Management
- Motivation to Learn and Share Knowledge
- Drive for Results.
- Change & Transition Management
- Solutions and Result Management
- Innovation and Future Orientation
- Leadership and People Management
- International and Multicultural Collaboration
- Communication and Partnership.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply