Job Title: Field Security Officer
Reference ID: R2207
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Field Security Officer will work in close collaboration with the MSH Nigeria Security Manager and MSH project staff to ensure the safety and security of MSH staff and assets.
- S/He will direct the implementation and monitoring of operational security controls to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and provide for the safety and security of all employees in relevant MSH field locations
- Collection of security risk and related information in assigned Task Order states as well as on general safety & security issues that may affect MSH.
- Act as the focal point for daily communications, tracking and recording of all MSH vehicle field movement.
- Act as focal point for safety and security incidents within the assigned Task Order states, including the gathering of information, reporting to state coordinators and the MSH Nigeria Security Manager and the completion/submissions of formal incident reports.
- Development and maintenance of state-wide information networks.
- Provide cover for the MSH Nigeria Security Manager in his absence
- Support and advise program field staff regarding safety and security information, guidance and direction with the support of the MSH Nigeria Security Manager.
- Provides support to the MSH Nigeria Security Manager on the development and maintenance of all safety and security-related policies, procedures, guidelines and planning.
- Works with the MSH Nigeria Security Manager to implement operating procedures and contingency plans within assigned Task Order states and ensure compliance with those procedures at the state level.
- Undertakes continual assessments of equipment (including vehicles) and organizational assets to ensure that minimal conditions for security are being met.
- With the support of the MSH Nigeria Security Manager, ensures that perimeter security staff (guards) have the information, direction and resources to perform their duties as per MSH Nigeria Security SOPs and guard force contractual standing orders.
- With support from the MSH Nigeria Security Manager, conducts monthly safety inspections including the review of: fire extinguishers, smoke/fire detectors and inspection of MSH facilities in the assigned Task Order states as it pertains to health and safety.
- Builds acceptance to empower and expand humanitarian programming by liaising with local communities, local authorities and other humanitarian actors and stakeholders within the assigned Task Order states.
Monitoring and Training:
- Identifies, establishes and manages a risk-based procedure to ensure that MSH facilities in assigned Task Order states are secure
- Submits regular contextual updates (weekly/monthly situational reports) to the MSH Nigeria Security Manager
- Assists the MSH Nigeria Security Manager with the provision of security-related training(s) that may cover Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications (including satellite phones), Security Immediate Actions Drills, Personal Security, Counter-Kidnap and Crisis Management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of community engagement, risk management, safety and security management or other related fields
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Experience with information gathering and analysis, delivery of presentations and briefings to senior stakeholders
- Experience developing and delivering training modules for diverse and geographically disparate teams
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humor
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Demonstrable training and capacity building experience
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Criminology, Peace & Security Studies, Political Science or related subject
- Security background preferable
- Proven ability to read maps
- Knowledge of other Nigerian local languages
- Knowledge of the geography and culture of Nigeria
- Previous experience in similar activities with NGOs
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online