Philip Morris International | Job Location: :Lagos | Job Title: Finance Analyst |Nigeria | Finance Analyst
Are you solution driven with exceptional analytical and communication skills, are you customer oriented and do you want to work for a Top Employer with international career opportunities?
If so, then please keep on reading.
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our Finance team in Philip Morris Limited Nigeria.
The Finance analyst will be responsible for accurate and reliable financial accounting records, meeting Statutory and US GAAP accounting principles while respecting company principles and practices. The Finance Analyst will lead the preparation of annual statutory financial statements by ensuring they are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring accuracy of statutory deductions with applicable tax rates on payable invoices for WHT and VAT
- Ensuring prompt filing of remittances of monthly tax returns with the relevant tax authority to ensure compliance.
- Liaising with tax consultant /relevant tax authorities during field tax audit
- Preparation of required/requested documents for various tax audits (PAYE, WHT, and VAT)
- Preparation of required filing receipts/documents for filing of ERT (ECS and PAYE)
- Coordination with regulatory bodies (Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria) to ensure accurate remittance of NHF
- Ensuring prompt monthly remittance of ERT (PAYE, ECS, ITF)
- Provision of documents for tax audits
- Liaising with banks to ensure prompt response of circularized bank balance confirmation in line with the ledger balances in the Financial Statements.
- Liaising /working hand in hand with Auditors to provide requested sampling
- Preparation of schedules (Fixed Asset movement schedule, intercompany reconciliation schedules, etc.)
- Provision of documents and process review for required for Audit sampling.
- Responsible for the accruals process to ensure that all open approved purchase orders are posted to general ledger after their checking with responsible departments.
- Assume the responsibility for accounting procedure to ensure their accurate reverse in the following accounting period.
- Ensure analysis of accruals in order to present over/under accruals to management and to implement process improvement.
C: Reporting and Closing
- Coordination of Month end and Year end closing
- Ensure General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Intercompany and Sundry Accounts Receivable accounts accuracy and correct accounting within established procedures
- Identify unusual or overdue items, reconcile/resolve the differences, select the appropriate corrective procedure and process the correction in the system to enable prepare the Company’s financial statements
- Ensure that supporting documents to accounting inputs are obtained, authenticity and completeness are checked, calculations and coding prior their posting are verified
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing activities in liaison with other departments to ensure that they are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparation of Month end and Year end reconciliations
- Ensure an effective system for invoice verification, in such a way that payments are processes on time, in agreed amounts and terms of payment in order to achieve the cost effectiveness and good relationship with suppliers while respecting sound principles of internal controls.
- Liaise/follow up with Shared Service Accounts Payable and Payment teams to ensure prompt payment of transactions
- Hold a university degree in Finance or Accounting
- Professional qualification in Accounting, ACA or ACCA
- Have at least 3+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Are collaborative, a team player, customer oriented and a quick learner
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver to established timeframes.
- Able to engage, challenge and influence employees at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with the ability to solve complex problems with smart and calculated risk taking.
- Demonstrate agility and entrepreneurial spirit, initiate action and lead others to follow
- Have strong investigative, critical thinking skills, ability to connect the dots and attention to detail.
- Embrace change and motivated by uncertainty
What we offer
- Challenging and very rewarding role with a significant amount of ownership in a dynamic international environment,
- Collaboration with a team of great professionals with limitless possibilities of sharing knowledge with the best experts in their field,
- Participation and leadership of a significant number of strategic projects that make an impact on the whole organization
- Excellent career development opportunities,
- Competitive remuneration package with an extensive benefit scheme.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products that we’re developing and selling. That’s why we have a total of over 400 dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes at our two Research & Development sites in Switzerland and Singapore.
It’s the biggest shift in our history. And it’s the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com
How does this sound? If you are interested, go ahead and apply!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply