Standard Chartered Bank | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | Title: Finance Analyst
About Standard Chartered: We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Financial Analyst, is responsible for:
- Undertake Tax compliance activities
- Undertake insurance management
- Interprets and implements basic accounting standards, tax regulations and local banking laws
- Initiates data controls and verifies the integrity or reporting schedules with the General Ledger and underlying Transaction Processing systems
- Assesses the context, rationale and impact of changes in the external reporting environment and is able to articulate these changes both to Finance colleagues as well as business/function stakeholder
- Prepare reporting pack and specialized schedules, performing variance analysis within a defined and researched business context whilst linking current performance with future projections, risks and opportunities
- Plays an integral part in any re-engineering reporting process with a mindset for maximizing efficiency and maintaining standardized data quality and integrity
- Support local process/system changes across multiple teams within the country.
- Achieve timely delivery of reports and returns to the CBN/NDIC/SEC, etc
Group Financial Accounting Reports:
Deliver the following automated Group reports within set deadlines:
- Statutory Pack (quarterly)
- ICS for statutory pack
- Financial account/management account reconciliation
- Other reports as may be required from time to time
Local Financial Accounts (Bank and Subsidiaries):
- Support in the preparation of the draft Financial statement of Bank and Subsidiaries
- Provide all information required for all Finance statutory audits
Operational Risk Controls:
- Ensure that general and business KCSA’s are performed in line with group OR standards
- Ensure that GL controls and Reconciliations in Finance is robust
- Prepare remittance schedule and achieve timely rendition to tax authorities for Bank and Subsidiaries
- Present variance analysis on tax remittances monthly
- Provide supporting documents for tax reviews and examination
- Manage all tax examinations
Reconciliation , Substantiation and Insurance Management:
- Ensure all finance owned accounts are reconciled
- Reconcile SCOPE, the Hub and all cross border recharges/receivable account
- Manage Insurance desk enquiries and ensure prompt payment to underwriters
- Send daily excess cash cover request to the underwriters
Local Regulatory Reporting:
- Support in the quick resolution of regulatory reporting issues
- Provide regulatory examiners with schedules required for their examination
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Line Manager or the FC
- Prepare regulatory returns to the Securities and Exchange Commission for Bank and Subsidiaries
Regulatory Examinations and Audits
- Provide the necessary schedules and information required by the regulators (CBN/NDIC) in relation to examination (spot and routine) of the Bank’s books of accounts
Cross Border Recharge:
- Manages and advise on all cross-border recharges the office
- Provides monthly reconciliation of CBR and advise payments that need to be made to the counter parties
- Give regular update to the Head of unit and the FC on the status of all outstanding CBR
- Prepare monthly statement of account and file all required regulatory returns in Liaison with Custody Unit
- Raise relevant journals into SCB Nominees (BU745) accounts and extract its trial balance as frequently as may be required
- Reconciliation of the SCS N & Cheroots GL accounts on monthly basis and attend to the action items during the same month.
- Highlighting risk and concerns to the Financial Reporting and Tax compliance, so that it can be highlighted in appropriate risk forums.
- Ensure adherence to all Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Key stakeholder interactions are , Tax Bodies , FC, SCCAN CEO, All staff, Group insurance ,Auditors
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS):
- Administrative Skills & Highly Organised.
- Possesses skill to leverage interpersonal abilities to influence others and skilfully build credibility with stakeholders
- Ability to operate in complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environments.
- High level management and analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Willing to work flexible working hours is a pre-requisite
- Ability to develop and sustain teamwork
- First Degree from a reputable institution
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least seven years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its impact of the bank’s financial reporting.
- Good working knowledge of the Group Accounting practice and Local Regulatory requirements supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Working knowledge of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data from the system.
- Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external Customers
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines
- High level of computer literacy is required for processing data in various packages
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply