Job Title: Finance and Accounting Manager | Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers | Employment Type: Full-time | Veeglostores
Veeglostores is a multi-vendor marketplace that serves the interest of buyers and sellers uniquely. We provide a virtual marketplace where product and services can be exchanged seamlessly and fast.
About the Role
- We are looking for a Finance Manager to help build out the finance and accounting functions at veeglostores. You’ll be expected to have deep technical accounting knowledge for Nigerian businesses, be comfortable working without existing structure, rigorously pay attention to details and be a strong cross-functional business partner able to deliver insights and offer a strategic lens to evaluating business opportunities.
- As the Finance Manager at veeglostores, you’ll be responsible for delivering against our Financial and Accounting mandate which includes financial planning and analysis, controls, accounting, budgeting, cash management, reporting, forecasting, overall P&L management etc.
- Our team is small but highly effective, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Establish processes for budgeting, financial planning, cash flow forecasting, variance analysis, reporting, and P&L management. Perform month-end and year-end close.
- Prepare financial statements, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly management accounts. Track financial status and business performance to help identify potential risks or opportunities for improvement.
- Setup proper chart of accounts in Quickbooks and liaise with the product team to ensure consistency of financial data captured across all platforms.
- Create proper accounting processes for disbursement of funds, payment of tutors, tracking expenses, remittances, receipts, bank reconciliations, etc., and ensure all records are accurately recorded in Quickbooks and up-to-date at all times.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of all transactions, confirmation of payments and ensuring all inflows and outflows are properly accounted for.
- Setup better cash management practices and policies, and implement rigorous financial controls across all departments.
- Ensure filing of tax returns, generating tax payment slips and ensure taxes and other statutory obligations are paid on time.
- Liaise with 3rd-party persons such as Bank Account Managers, Auditors and Tax Consultants.
- Analyze the financial climate, historical data, and market trends to assist in creating strategic plans for business growth and direction.
- Build a finance team as needed; train and develop department staff to comply with financial processes.
- Work with the CEO on investor relations and fundraising, preparing business plans and board decks that show key business metrics and insights.
Requirements / Skills
While this isn’t required, it’ll be a plus if you have:
- A degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative, accounting orientation.
- 1 year experience in finance, accounting or similar roles, especially if you created or led finance operations.
- Experience working with cloud accounting software.
- Worked in a high-growth, post-investment tech start-up.
- Created or co-founded a startup before.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.