Title: Finance and Administration Officer | Location: Abuja (FCT) | Banyan Global
Employment Type: Full-time
Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over 15 countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
- Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. It is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). By its conclusion, the task order is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 100,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
- Targeted interventions will contribute to (1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and (2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary healthcare (PHC) workforce as the country advances on its journey to self-reliance. This activity will contribute to the achievement of Nigeria Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective (DO) 2 A Healthier, Better Educated Population in Targeted States and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 Utilization of Quality Health Services in Targeted Areas and Population Groups Increased.
- The Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) will be based in Abuja and reports to the Director of Finance and Administration. He/she will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing Finance and administrative support. The position will support the general administration, office coordination, finance, human resources, procurement, travel, logistics, and operations tasks associated with the project.
- The FAO will work closely with the Abuja and State offices to ensure proper controls are in place. This position will also work with the team to ensure that the project activities are of high quality and adhere to global standards, national policies, and best practices on human resources systems strengthening.
- Prepare checks, receipts, and journals
- Prepare payments before secondary review or approval from his/her supervisor and/or designated approvers
- Enter data entry of all approved vouchers into the QuickBooks (accounting system)
- Prepare monthly schedules for of all statutory deductions and WHT remittance
- Support petty cash management, including verification and review of petty cash payments for accuracy, legitimacy, and reconciliation of remaining cash with the Finance Manager whenever replenishment is required
- Support the review project staff advance and expense reports for accuracy
- Track sub-ledger balances, including receivable accounts for individual staff ensuring that outstanding travel advances are settled before issuing new advances
- Assist Finance Manager in maintaining and ensuring transactions are fully supported, approved, properly filed, and conform to laid down requirements
- In liaison with the Finance Manager, ensure adequate maintenance of all Abuja financial records
- Provide office running cost analysis and forecasting as required
Procurement and Asset Management:
- Support local and regional purchases as per defined threshold and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment, and audit requirements
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification and price and quantity- and quality-inclusive
- Maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users
- Track contracts and initiate procurement processes to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and timely ordering of supplies
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc., with the Senior Operations Manager
- Ensure tagging and branding of Banyan Global assets is conducted
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is done satisfactorily and in accordance with policy
Other Administrative Duties:
- Follow-up with Director of Finance and Administration in resolving issues as they come up
- Coordinate delivery of items to the Abuja and State offices as the case may be
- Communicate pressing operations issues to the Director of Finance and Administration for technical assistance and further directives
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures and make recommendations to the Director of Finance and Administration accordingly
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Finance and Administration
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, or related Social Science field
- 5 years work Experience.
- Relevant experience in finance, logistics planning, and procurement
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to details
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application packages like Excel, Word, or other customized accounting software and comfort in a Windows PC environment.
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must submit the following document below to: [email protected] Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications and a cover letter.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.