Title: Finance and Administrative Officer | RTI International | Location: Niger
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program.
- E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for supporting financial, administration, logistics and procurement functions for the E-WASH program.
- She / he will support the achievement of project goals in a manner consistent with financial principles and maintain functions such as general accounting, financial tasks, and accounting records.
- She / he will coordinate office space for visiting RTI staff / consultants.
- She / he will word process general correspondence, answer phone calls and perform other administrative duties as required.
Task Area 1 – Financial Management:
- Support the implementation of a sound systems of accounting and internal controls at the states that are consistent to RTI / E-WASH operations manual.
- Primary liaison between state team and the finance function in Abuja by collating and transmitting all financial documents for further reviews and processing.
- Manage and maintain office petty cash impress.
- Undertakes the preparation of payment vouchers, payment schedules and other finance instruments.
- Generate on monthly basis summary of all financial transactions occurring in the state.
- Remit PAYE and WHT cheques to the relevant tax authority in the state.
Task Area 2 – Office Administration:
- Collaborate with Managers to ensure systems are in place to support administrative functions of the project Office.
- Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically
- Keep and maintain the reception area
- Receive and distribute messages from telephone/email as appropriate, taking clear messages and passing these promptly to the appropriate member of the team using judgment of urgency
- Provide reception duties on behalf of the team, which involves face-to-face contact for visitors in a responsive and courteous manner
- Respond to queries promptly and in a friendly manner
- Maintain Daily Sign-In and Sign-Out Register for all project Staff.
- Receive and record incoming deliveries of equipment, handing out free documentation, sending and receiving telephones messages
Task Area 3 – Logistics Management
- Liaise with the logistic officer for all hotel bookings / reservations in the state.
- Review / reconcile all hotel bills in the state before sending for logistic officer’s further review and processing of payments.
- Responsible for the fleet management in the state of residence and in collaboration with the STL, assign and arrange for staff travels.
- Maintain all office furniture and equipment and ensure the cleanliness of the office environment.
- Maintain asset register for all office furniture and equipment in the state.
- Fuel and maintain the office generator and keep proper log of fueling, maintenance and usage.
Task Area 4 – Procurement:
- Provide general support to the procurement function in the state.
- Will be required to support the building up of vendor data base.
- To assist in carrying out vendor price verification and analysis of quotations, in order to ensure that best bargains are obtained for procurement of goods and services.
Task Area 5 – Grants Management:
- Receive grants report and payment request from grantee point of contact and ensuring they meet the requirements set forth in the grant agreement.
- Provide on-site support and mentoring of grantees finance team to ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Coordinate and support grantee performance by building capacity and identifying areas of improvement for grantees.
Task Area 6 – Human Resource Management:
- Provide support with the review and collation of monthly timesheet.
- Liaise with HR in maintaining state team leave tracker.
Task Area 7 – Utility Support Fund:
- Provide support to SWB officials on USF assessment management
- Provide general support USF procurement function in the state
- Responsible for submitting monthly updated USF asset register to Abuja USF team
- Conduct quarterly spot check on the condition of USF equipment in the state
- Support in verifying vendors deliveries and documentation for payment
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Proven record in negotiating diplomatically
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent spoken and written English and local language
- Ability to travel as needed
Application Closing Date
4th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: [email protected] with the “Position and preferred Location” as subject of the email
Important Information and Notice
- On the subject line of your email you should only put the Email Subject line and preferred State as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.