Title: Finance and Logistics Manager | Women for Women International (WfWI) | Location: Plateau
Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, WfWI has served over 500,000 women in 8 conflict-affected countries, including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan. Since 2002, we have worked with over 20,000 men worldwide to support women’s rights and gender equality.
General Accounting, Financial Management & Reporting:
- Responsible for monthly financial close and reporting, including standard financial statements and grant level reporting.
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate internal controls and compliance procedures.
- Assist Country Director and SMT with budget preparation, budget analysis, and forecasting.
- Provide HQ and SMT with timely and accurate monthly Budget vs. Actual analysis reports, including explanations of variances.
- Responsible for coordinating budget and forecasts with SMT
- Disseminate and train staff onproper coding of new grants and projects as they are initiated or discontinued for use on timesheets and coding of vouchers. Also, distribute account coding guidelines to staff and verify the proper coding of vouchers received prior to data entry.
- Review all payment vouchers to ensure completeness and accuracy of supporting documentation and budget coding in Intacct.
- Manage cash flow, including timely fund requests to HQ. Oversee the management of the country office petty cash fund and bank accounts, including monthly reconciliation.
- Ensure that the Annual Audit is carried out in a timely manner as required by the organization.
- In compliance with legal requirements, maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system for financial related documents, including but not limited to bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoices, timesheets, and payroll records.
- Ensure that the internal control procedures and donorsТ regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers, and include appropriate backup for US, UK &EU compliance.
- Work closely with the HR & Administration Manager to review Country Office payroll and oversee accuracy of calculations in compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
- Manage timesheets for the country office, ensuring coding accuracy, approval and filing.
- Ensure the monthly payroll allocation entries are properly calculated, coded, and entered appropriately into accounting system, including review and approval of timesheets by individual supervisors of allocations to specific grants and projects.
Logistics and Procurement:
- Oversee all procedures pertaining to WfWI Nigeria transport and delivery of goods to project sites, including customs clearance, shipping and cargo handling, as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with WfWI finance policies, and other logistics policies and procedures, and suggest revisions as and when necessary.
- Supervise the Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure that all country office procurement is carried out in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Oversee the Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure effective management and control of country office assets; maintain an accurate and updated list of Fixed Assets and monthly Depreciation Schedule.
- Oversee the Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure effective management of all country office service contracts and timely execution of approved payments to vendors /contractors for goods and services received.
- Oversee the periodic replacement and upgrade of computers, servers, networks and communications equipment in accordance with HQ guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with local requirements related to taxes and labor laws related to staff payments.Make recommendations for enhancements to policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies and represent the office during global finance meetings and cross-functional policy development working groups.
- Participate in strategy development and annual strategic and operational planning.
- Performance manage direct reports in line with Women for Women InternationalТs performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meeting regarding progress throughout the year.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to subordinates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree and other Post-graduate qualification in Finance, Accounting or Business Management
- CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent designation is preferred;
- At least seven (7) yearsТ work experience in Accounting or Finance position with full accounting and budgeting responsibilities preferably within the INGO environment, including at least three (3) years in a management role;
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation, and email along with data entry experience; proficiency in Sage Intacct is desired.
- The Finance and Logistics Manager position requires a broad skill set, including the ability to work strategically with senior management, oversee the monthly close, annual budget, forecast updates, and facilitate other financial and logistical transactions.
- Grant financial management is becoming increasing in volume and complexity, compliance with donor reporting requirements is a critical responsibility of this position.
- Demonstrated experience supervising subordinates is required;
- Knowledge in logistics management and procurement is highly desired
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent ICT skills are required
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion is required;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take the initiative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter and 3 professional references to: [email protected] Please specify “Finance and Logistics Manager” in the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.