Title: Finance Assistant – Nigeria Nationals Only | ref.: 200000LK
Location: Abuja | Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
- The CORE Group Partnership Project (CGPP) is a multi-country, multi-partner initiative providing financial support, on-the-ground technical guidance and support to strengthen host country efforts to eradicate polio.
- The premise of this project is to work through existing networks of international and local NGOs with established child survival activities in high risk areas of priority countries.
- A country-level Secretariat coordinates the work of CORE group members in a manner that complements the work of other implementing partners. The work of all CORE members is in support of the national action plan for polio eradication, 5-year health plans and consistent with national MDG goals.
- You will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Help coordinate and support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRSТ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Insight financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations.
Review various accounts to detect irregularities:
- Prepare delegated reports, as needed,
- Working closely with the Project grant accountant on all matters in respect of project finances
- Support the Administrative officer in Coordinating and reporting on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Assisting the Administrative officer to ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops together with the Admin officer.
- B.Sc. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, Or Qualification in accounting (ACA/ACCA/CPA).
- Minimum of two years accounting experience,
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Required Languages – Ability to speak Hausa will be an Advantage
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial reporting software a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer