Job Title: Finance Assistant | Location: Maiduguri, Borno | Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Contract Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Contract End Date: 31st July, 2021.
- The Finance assistant will have to assist theDeputy Finance Manager in all the activities related to finance and cash management.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Treasury & Cash Follow-up:
- Manage the cashbox and ensure the safe keeping of cashbox
- Process receipts and invoices for cash payments
- Do daily physical inventory of the cashbox with the Finance Officer
- Ensure the daily worker payments
- Prepare and follow up the pay-outs and cash advances,within established guidelines
- Guarantee security of the cashbox andconfidentiality of information
- Finance & Accounting Management:
- Check, before recording any entry, that the invoices are compliant with PUI’s regulations and procedures
- Record cash expenses in the excel books on a daily basis, and properly fill in the information needed (date,accounting code, project, budget code, etc.)
- Issue voucher numbers, and properly archive the invoices and Saga vouchers in dedicated files, as per the donors’ rules and regulations
- Assist in the preparation for the external audit visits (donor and coordination visits)
- Archiving Finance Record:
- Manage the electronic archival of Finance files as per the filing process at the base level and share the scan data with Abuja
- Manage the physical archival of Finance files as per the archiving process at the base level.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Be responsible of all cash payments and relevant protocols related to the base.
- Ensure the accountancy hard copies quality.
- Scanning of all finance documents.
- Ensure that the cash security procedures are implemented and respected
- Language skills: Fluent in Hausa and English, Kanuri is appreciated.
- Education Degree: University Degree in Finance, Accounting, or another relevant degree.
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies).
- Knowledge and Skills: Good analytical and writing skills.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel.
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Accounting and Finance.
- Well organized.
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself.
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker.
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply