Job Title: Finance Associate | Location: Lagos | 21search
21search Limited situated in the heart of Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. 21Search focuses on deploying its resources towards providing a range of Manpower and Administrative Services tailored to meet your needs.
- Maintain all banking relationships; relationships with the Firm’s relevant tax authorities; relationships with other relevant professional service providers including auditors, company secretaries etc.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and funds available for investments and profit sharing, including dividends.
- Manage the Firm’s cash flow and receivables cycle ensuring (in conjunction with the Business Development Manager) that Client’s make payments on bills within a 21 days’ cycle.
- Ensure that enough funds are available to meet the ongoing operational and capital investment needs of the Firm.
- Effectively hedge against all financial risks related to the Company’s foreign exchange position.
- Engage in cost-reduction analyses in all areas of the Firm.
- Review the financial performance of competitors and report on key issues to the Managing Director.
- Interpret the Firm’s financial results to the Managing Director and recommend activities for improvement.
- Manage the preparation of the Firm’s budget on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Report to the Managing Director and the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board on budget performance.
- Assist in the determination of the pricing of the Firm’s services in relation to features offered and competitor pricing.
- Put in place effective measures to avoid waste and ensure all expenditures, operational and capital are, within the Firm’s budget.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare all necessary financial documents and reports as requested by Management.
- Efficiently complete all other tasks as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field (Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics) and be a member of at least one professional accounting body.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in an accounting or finance role; with experience in fund sourcing and treasury management.
- Must be charismatic and possess a strong sense of judgement and wit.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] with subject “Finance Associate”.