Location: Yola (4months contract) and Maiduguri (8months Contract)
Location: Yola and Maiduguri, Nigeria | Finance Intern | Plan International
The internship programme in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in Financial management & reporting, programme management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s development projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Dimensions of the Role
The post holder will contribute to the effective document management ensuring that all processed documents are duly accounted for, by utilizing an easy to reach approach. The role requires strong orderly and organisational skills along with the ability to maintain a sequential sorting, arranging, receiving, storing and dispatching of document on timely basis.
He/she is also expected to communicate with the Grant and Finance Coordinator.
The Finance Intern is expected to perform the following roles:
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of documents to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making. Responsible for the accuracy of document records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on errors omitted or committed in line with the corporate requirements. Responsible for document management (e.g. physical verification, stamping, scanning, filing, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to document management are timely addressed and Plan International standard procedures for documentation and storage are strictly followed.
- Ensure payment vouchers are filed on a monthly basis
- Support the finance team in processing project vouchers Safeguard the documents by ensuring that they are not prone to destruction of any kind. Providing audit support as required Cross-check processed documents to see the required and necessary items. Review on periodic basis the physical document to posted items into bank or ledger. Maintain a monthly update of scanned documents to the online storage space.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities implementation in the deep field.
- Support with bank reconciliations and month end financial reporting Assist in determining proper physical book keeping practices. Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves and work stations neat.
- Support the finance team in implementing all financial process for Plan International Nigeria. Perform any other related duties as specified by supervisor
Technical expertise, skills and knowledgE
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration related fields
- Completion of National Youth Service with less than 1 year working experience
- Proven strong academic track record. Relevant experience in archival duties Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably a command of the local language. Ability to carry strenuous office duties of lifting heavy items.
- Familiar with international donors.
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Basic financial skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience both oral and written
- Possession of good report writing skills Experience in use of SAP (Added advantage)
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
2 nd June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply