Job Title: Finance Manager | Boarding International School | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full time
A co-educational full Boarding International School is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates.
- The Finance Manager will ensure effective utilization of the financial resources of the School, including achieving cost efficiently in line with defined goals and objectives.
- He / she will provide Management and the Board with timely, complete and accurate financial information for business decision-making.
- Articulate, develop and implement strategies to ensure that the School’s funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at reasonable cost
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and strategic decision in the execution of the department’s work plans and programmes
- Identify risks and long-term financial implications of intended projects / initiatives, and advise the Principal and Board accordingly
- Develop and implement cost management strategies to monitor and control costs
- Develop investment strategies that will ensure high returns on investment while assuring liquidity for the School’s operations
- Ensure on-going incorporation of leading practices in the operations and activities of the department
- Coordinate the development of the School’s budget, and the allocation / distribution of financial resources in line with the School’s short, medium and long-term strategic plans
- Ensure implementation of an effective and adequate financial controls
- Ensure availability of adequate funding as required for the School’s operations, in line with the School’s financial policies
- Analyse and report on the School’s investment portfolio, yields and investment instruments
- Analyse and report on the School’s loan and borrowing portfolio including analysis on existing loan facilities and interest rate exposures
- Ensure the timely reconciliation of accounts and prepare periodic activity / management reports to the CFO, on the activities of the finance function
- Coordinate timely preparation of financial statements and ensure that the statements reflect the School’s financial position and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Manage the interface between the School and external auditors and regulators to ensure the School’s financial interest is protected
- Participate in management meetings and provide insight into the financial position of the School and opportunities that can be explored.
- Continuously review the department’s policies, processes and activities, and make recommendations for improvement to the CFO
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimize performance and enhance output
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the department and provide overall leadership and guidance to subordinate.
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high quality results
- Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of staff within the finance & accounts function
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with approved departmental budget and manual of authority
- Ensure periodic meetings to communicate School and departmental goals/targets and agree work plan
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals for staff and manage the career and developmental needs of subordinates in line with defined HR policies and procedures.
- Oversee the activities of the procurement function ensuring the School’s interest is protected and that quality items are provided at reasonable prices
- Ensure transparent and objective vendor selection and evaluation process, including maintenance of a comprehensive supplier / vendor database.
- Monitor the activities of vendors to ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CFO.
Qualification and Work Experience
The Finance Manger must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
- First degree in Accounting / Statistics or its equivalent.
- Membership of a recognised professional body of Accountants e.g. ICAN, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA.
- Minimum of ten (10) years cognate experience in a reputable organization with at least four (4) years at management level
- Experience in strategic financial planning and analysis
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced financial accounting knowledge, including in depth understanding of finance best practices, International and Nigerian accounting and financial reporting standard
- Good understanding of financial controls
- Good understanding of the School’s operations, inter-relationships and dependencies
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to think strategically and holistically
- Excellent communication, business presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tact
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of office productivity tools
- Good understanding and working knowledge of financial accounting systems.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Please do not apply to this position if you did not meet the requirements.