Bankly | Job Title: Finance Manager | Location: Victoria Island, Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department
- Financial Reporting
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Establish well-documented systems for record keeping and accounting.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Plan and implement process for timely and efficient monthly ledger close and reconciliation
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports.
- Ensure timely settlements and reconciliation of third-party payment systems.
- Create financial controls protecting and build processes that protects against leakages and fraud.
- Support preparation of annual budget, forecast and projections while also comparing actual costs to estimated costs.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and finance standards, best practices, and government regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a financial Accounting Manager role, preferably in a financial institution.ICAN or ACCA Certification is required.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Competent in the use of accounting software.
- Ability to use logic, critical thinking, analytic deductive reasoning skills.
- Capable of completing intricate tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Confident communicator in both written and spoken language
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.